Minimum theme decrease space btwn Content and sidebar

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum theme decrease space btwn Content and sidebar

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  kmack 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kmack
    Participant

I’ve got a Bitnami stack running on my desktop and cannot be accessed from outside due to firewall restrictions. So not able to give a URL but do have a photo with some text overwritten to show the area I’d like to decrease/narrow

Trying to line up the width of the content and sidebar to match the header width of 1140 but cannot seem to find where I can do that. I am guessing it is something to do with the margin or padding code between the content and sidebar.

Hope the photo helps round out my explanation.  LINK TO PHOTO

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

Kelly

kmack
    Participant

Just noticed that you need to click on the photo to see the RED text note of the area I am referring to in my post above.

Thanks for any input…

Kelly

kmack
    Participant

Ok, think I found a way to do this so will post in case others need to do something similar. Also, if this is not good, love to hear from someone before I break something.

I am using a gray background png and the normal setup put the content right up against the border of the content post area. There was no space and looked crowded so I added 10px padding. This caused the content-sidebar-wrap to be a bit wider than header and featured post area and looked odd. So I changed the 100% width to 98.5% and it did the trick. Kept my 10px padding for appearance and lined up the sections well.

#content-sidebar-wrap

–snip–

width: 98.5%;  

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.