Minimum Theme – Extend Navigation Width Outside Wrap

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Theme – Extend Navigation Width Outside Wrap

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cvillelady 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cvillelady
    Participant

I need the navigation bar to extend outside of the wrap so that the entire width of the background image appears.  The corners of the ribbon should stick out slightly beyond the 960px wrap — just like the ribbon nav bar in Family Tree.

The image that I would like to use for the navigation bar is 1037px. I tried making it a background for the #nav, #nav .wrap, and #nav ul, but it keeps cutting off right at 960px. I’ve tried adjusting margins and widths.

If I recall correctly, all I had to do in the Blissful theme was increase the width of the #nav to 1037px and it appeared correctly.

Demo Blog URL:  http://lauralynnstudio.info/priscillamarie/blog  
    Using Minimum Child Theme

If you could please advise me on how to achieve this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Robert Neu
    Participant

You can try changing:

#wrap {

background-color: #FFFFFF;
        margin: 0 auto;
        overflow: hidden;
        padding: 0 10px;
        width: 960px;

}

To this:

#wrap {

background-color: #FFFFFF;
        margin: 0 auto;
        overflow: visible;
        padding: 0 10px;
        width: 960px;

}

But you may wind up with some other display issues doing that. Give it a shot and see if it causes any problems. If you do have problems post them up and I’ll help you debug.

Co-Founder of Audit WP, a WordPress SEO audit service and Flagship, a new WordPress theme company launching soon!

cvillelady
    Participant

I plugged in your suggested code and it worked! It doesn’t appear to have caused any other display issues. Thanks so much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.