Minimum theme featured posts alignment

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum theme featured posts alignment

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ramseyp 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Charlie
    Participant

Hey guys

I need some help, please!

I have set a featured posts widget to display 6 posts from my blog on my home page, which is fine. But it only looks good at a certain width. If you go over, I don’t know, I guess it’s about 800 pixels wide (try making your browser as wide as possible with my site open), the last post breaks off from the grid and floats to the right on its own row below, so instead of two neat rows of 3, you get a row of 3, a row of 2 and a row of 1!

Here’s a link to the page in question. For some reason Firefox seems to handle the issue better than Chrome.

Advice/tips/ideas all appreciated.

ramseyp
    Participant

Charlie,

The issue looks like one of “height”. Some of your Featured Posts have a 2-line title, while others just 1. This uncertainty over how tall a featured post can be is causing the un-even rows. What I would try is to set a min-height rule in your CSS. Your tallest Featured Posts are about 338 pixels in height. I always add roughly 20 pixels to that to account for longer post bodies/excerpts/titles.

In your theme’s style.css, you can add this:
    .featuredpost { min-height: 358px; }

and you should see the grid stay together.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.