Minimum Theme – How to change the Homepage social icon image and link?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Theme – How to change the Homepage social icon image and link?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MM 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

MM
    Participant

Hi,

On Minimum Theme, I’ve setup the social icons (big circles), but how can I change the image (Eg. to include Linkedin or something else) ?

thks,

Susan

The images used in the social circles are contained in one image ‘icons.png’. You would need to replace that image with one in which you have included the Linkedin icon. Then, when adding it to the featured widget area, “call” the icon based on what you replaced, but add the HTML for your linkedin page.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

MM
    Participant

Thanks Susan.

I tested this by removing 1 icon from icons.png, uploading and clearing cache, but nothing changed.

Any ideas here?

Also, Feature Widget (eg.) code shows:

<a class=”icon-google” href=”http://plus.google.com/u/0/109450535379570250650/posts” target=”_blank”></a>

<h4>Google</h4>
    Circle me.

Is it therefore possible to upload another icon to media, rename this code and href, and it’ll appear.

I imagine if so then icons.png needs to be over-ridden?  Look forward to hearing options, thanks!

ecm123
    Participant

Hi,

This is my first time here so don’t know if it is appropriate to interject – I am struggling with a social circle linking issue as well –  I am trying to use the social circles to link to pages on my site and can’t figure out where to start. Any thoughts anyone? Thanks

Susan

@MetcalfeM – sorry I didn’t get back to this thread. Seeing a response from @ecm123 reminded me that I didn’t get back to you.

@ecm123 – I just replied to your e-mail. 

If you don’t want to mess with the image that’s pre-loaded with the theme, or you want to replace them for something that’s not social media related – go ahead and created four circle images, and overlay them with what you want. For test purposes on my test site, I just put text on them. I then added each of the circles into the featured widget areas, with links to the various sites.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

naturesmedia
    Participant

It is a very simple change to make, as I discovered yesterday on the same mission.

I simply took the icons.png in the theme files, edited the file to replace the pinterest and google images with other images (soundcloud and beatport), and reuploaded it via ftp to the same space, overwriting the icons.png file. Perfect.

If you are using W3 total cache, make sure that you empty caches, and clear cache on your browser, and ensure you have completely overwritten the icons.png file.

Good luck!

MM
    Participant

rockstars, thanks guys.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.