Minimum Theme – How To Get Home Page Showing As Demo Shows

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Theme – How To Get Home Page Showing As Demo Shows

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nickthegeek 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JillRStevens
    Participant

Hi Experts, I am hoping for a quick, awesome answer from someone in the know here (instead of bothering support on this). As I’m sure it’s newbie user error.

I have read tutorial. I have done everything.

I am stumped at how to SHOW my HOME page as the DEMO show the home page – with orange social media buttons and the large photo image.

Do I create this page and call it home – what page is it/template? and then do I need to create a BLOG page for all my posts to show on?

Any help and details directions will help. (as mentioned… bit of a newbie here)

And loving my theme.

Jill

(PS I actually wrote code today for a READ MORE button)

- Oh and one more thing, In WIDGETS I can NOT find a WELCOME MESSAGE. This was posted on last forum – like Brian has on under his image, right column. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks again.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  JillRStevens.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  JillRStevens.

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

Jill,

Feel free to contact us in support for setup help to ensure a quick response.

The first step is to make sure your latest posts are set to show on the home page. Then you can follow the setup tutorials. If you look in my.studiopress.com next to the download link you should see “how to” as a link to the setup tutorials.

To get your “blog” page, make a page and name it blog or whatever you like. Select the “Blog” template for that page and publish. The blog posts will automatically be added to that page.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  nickthegeek.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  nickthegeek.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.