Minimum Theme – How to move my banner above the site tagline

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Theme – How to move my banner above the site tagline

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  WoodlandCoyote 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

WoodlandCoyote
    Participant

I followed a tutorial and created a new banner widget. I’m using it instead of the background image feature. It displays below the site tagline. How do I place it directly under the header with tagline under the banner?

I studied different posts on the HTML5 hooks and don’t understand. There only seems to be one hook for the entire upper area. I’d sure love some help.

The image loads slowly. It’s not done yet. The site is here: WEBSITE

Thank you!

WoodlandCoyote
    Participant

Hey, I figured this one out on my own!

I think before HTML5 there were more hooks. But I didn’t know this and kept looking for a hook to use. I was able to create a widget area for a banner, but it displayed below the site tagline instead of above.

Hours later as I scrolled through the functions file, it occurred to me that maybe order matters. And sure enough it does!

This was a very easy solution. I was using the right hook, but I added the code to the bottom of the functions file, instead of scrolling up and putting it above the tagline function.

:o)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Minimum Theme – How to move my banner above the site tagline’ is closed to new replies.