Minimum Theme Logo

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Theme Logo

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SusanT 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

brandonhull
    Participant

Frustrating that I can’t solve this simple issue. When I view my site in my browser, I see nothing in the header — not my name in text and not my logo. When I view it on my iPhone or iPad mini, I see the logo I uploaded using the Genesis Responsive Header plugin.

Why do I not see that logo when viewing in my desktop browser??!! http://brandonhull.com is my site.

I appreciate any help on this.

http://brandonhull.com

Terry
    Participant

Hi brandonhull,

Looking at the site, your logo is only being loaded in one of the media queries. That’s why it doesn’t show in your desktop browser. That can be very frustrating.

Have you edited the css? Before doing anything more, try to delete and reload the logo to see if that fixes it.

Regards,

Terry

Customizing Genesis Child Themes @ MaroonTech

brandonhull
    Participant

Thanks maroontech

Hmm…are you suggesting I reload the logo just in the primary WordPress header customization area?

brandonhull
    Participant

I’m not a newbie to WordPress. But strangely, when I upload a logo in the Header section of the dashboard, it wants me to apply the most ridiculous, narrow (horizontally) crop to the logo, regardless of the size. If it’s small, the horizontal selection I can make is comical. If it’s a large version of my logo, I still can’t make it work. Odd.

Terry
    Participant

Did you upload the logo via appearances=>header?

Looks like only though the Genesis Responsive Header plugin?

It looks like that may be the problem?

brandonhull
    Participant

Yep, I mentioned that right before you posted ;). When I upload there, WordPress wants me to edit the uploaded logo in the most ridiculous way, so it’s unusable.

Terry
    Participant

Sorry, our messages crossed before.

Sounds weird? Many place to jump…

Was header fine before Genesis Responsive Header plugin added? or still an issue?

I would deactivate the Genesis Responsive Header, upload a colored image with alternate color where logo would be, sized as header is expecting (mine is 960×120) and work back from there. Sometimes it gets confused with just the logo in the header.

So sorry can’t be more helpful.

brandonhull
    Participant

Yep…deactivated that plugin, went through the process again, and WordPress still wants me to edit the logo that strangely.

brandonhull
    Participant

Does anyone have any insight into why I can’t simply replace the header site title text with my logo? I’ve tried using the Genesis Simple Headers plugin, by following the steps here: http://genesistutorials.com/how-to-add-a-logo-to-the-header/, but I’m getting something wrong. Logo is not displaying correctly because WordPress is requiring me to crop the logo, although it’s only 240×35.

Terry
    Participant

Did you rule out conflict with another plugin by deactivating all your other plugins?

brandonhull
    Participant

Yeah I haven’t ruled that out by any means, but the only plugins I have activated at this point are the “core” ones that many people use…but I’m testing that this morning.

kzoll
    Participant

I’m having the same issue; no matter what I do, I can’t uncheck ” Show header text with your image.” Using the Genesis Simple Headers plugin. URL: http://keikozoll.com

brandonhull
    Participant

maroontech, I am very appreciative of your efforts to help — it’s strange that nothing has worked!! I assume user error here on my part, since others are using this theme and have customized it, but I’m surprised I can’t get to the bottom of this.

SusanT
    Participant

Hi, friends. I’ve discovered that this ‘cropping’ issue relates to the customer header size that is set up in the functions.php page. Here’s the bit of code from the functions.php on my site:

/** Add support for custom header */
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array( ‘width’ => 273, ‘height’ => 117) );

If you change the size of width and height (numbers in bold) to match the size of your logo file, it should fit perfectly – and you will no longer have to crop.

Now, this may not be the BEST solution, but it’s the way I have handled it, and it works for me (I’ve designed about five sites now using Genesis and its child themes).

-Susan

http://www.susantrabucchi.com

brandonhull
    Participant

Hi Susan! Thanks for the assistance. This is becoming the strangest WordPress issue I’ve had in awhile – I did exactly what you said (editing the Minimum functions.php file) and yet…Wordpress’s cropping expectation persists. So frustrating and odd.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.