Minimum theme: Need to add category to portfolio post type

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Minimum theme: Need to add category to portfolio post type

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PhaseCreative 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

PhaseCreative
    Participant

I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s asked this, but I can’t find the information I need.

I’m a php novice but would like to learn how to add categories to the portfolio post so I can pull them as a ‘featured post/page’ using a widget area on the home page.

The reason I want to do this is so I can show 4 pieces from my portfolio on the homepage. I want to use categories so this can update whenever I add new projects to the portfolio.

I will also use this widget as the navigation under my actual portfolio individual posts.

Any hints or links would be ace.

I am running Minimum theme with the Dynamik extender plugin.

Thank you.

Based in Sydney, I design and produce creative websites for small business and enthusiastic bloggers. Follow on twitter

Robin
    Participant

If you use the Genesis Featured Widget Amplified, it will add CPTs to the kind of posts/pages you can show in a widget, so you would be able to pull the existing portfolio posts without having to modify them.

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

PhaseCreative
    Participant

A belated reply – but thank you!

Based in Sydney, I design and produce creative websites for small business and enthusiastic bloggers. Follow on twitter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Minimum theme: Need to add category to portfolio post type’ is closed to new replies.