Minimum THeme – portolio doesn't show – get 404

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Minimum THeme – portolio doesn't show – get 404

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jordy 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have tried to set up the portfolio as per the help/support section

Set up the Portfolio
    In Minimum, we have added a special Custom Post Type called Portfolio. In the dashboard admin area of WordPress, find the Portfolio menu item.

Click the Add New link to add a new Portfolio post. Upload your image and mark it as Featured. Add any descriptive text you like.

The theme will generate a portfolio archive page for you, such as

See demo portfolio.

This relies on custom permalinks set up in WordPress. You may have to resave them after setup.

I don’t see a portfolio page being created on

When I look at the menu section, I see a this an an option to add to my menu. After adding it, it shows up but when I click on it, it goes to a 404 page.

I think a few other people have similar issues but have been directed to this help page which doesn’t give any more that what is pasted above.

Something is missing.  But what?

Jen Baumann

Did you resave your WordPress permalinks?

I was trying to get the portfolio archive in the menu (Executive theme) and ended up with 404 errors on all portfolio posts including the archive page.

I solved it by:

Go to Settings
    Go to Permalinks
    Choose “Custom structure”: http:// /%postname%/
    Save changes

And the 404’s were gone.

I still can’t find a way to drag the portfolio archive to the menu, but I created a custom link to instead and will probably just leave it there.

Changing perma links structure to http:// /%postname%/ also worked for me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.