Minimum theme: removing recent posts on home page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum theme: removing recent posts on home page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dp 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

grady
    Participant

apricotforesthospital.com

I am not going to be using posts on this site, so I’d like to remove the section just below the tagline on the homepage where it is now reading “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.”

I have used Editor to search the various .php and .css files but I can’t find the section referencing this.

Is there anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

-Grady

media317
    Participant

Add the following to you style.css file:

[css].home #inner {
    display: none;
    }

[/css]

This will remove the section from the home page.

Alan Smith
    Media317

grady
    Participant

Thank you!  That worked like a charm!

ntety
    Participant

Hello,

What if you would like to keep the space like here, but remove the “Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.”?

Thanks!

http://www.finallyourwedding.com

dp
    Participant

Hi, there.  I too wanted to remove the blog posts from showing up on the home page of my minimum theme (site here), so I googled it, came across this thread and inserted this code into my css:

<code>.home #inner {
    }</code>

However, it didn’t work because I didn’t know you had to remove the <code> and </code> at the front and back! Which is a huge bummer because I spent another 6 six hours researching it before I came back and tried it again without the tags.  So, NOTE TO NEWBIES: insert this into your css:

[css].home #inner {
    }

[/css]
    and you’re golden!

Cheers,

dp

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Minimum theme: removing recent posts on home page’ is closed to new replies.