Minimum Theme: Removing the 'Sorry, no posts matched your criteria'

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Theme: Removing the 'Sorry, no posts matched your criteria'

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  csbeck 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

louise
    Participant

I posted this same question about another theme but the answer is not working for this site.

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/balance-theme-remove-sorry-no-posts-matched-your-criteria/#post-23495

How do I remove the ‘Sorry, no posts matched your criteria’ but leave the sign up box intact?

http://www.worldprayerinitiative.com/

Thanks

Louise

David Chu
    Participant

This is a bit more precise. I would suggest taking a look at the HTML so you can see what’s being done.  #content holds content and #sidebar holds, you guessed it, the sidebar.   :-)

.home #content {
    display: none;
    }

As the other guy said, this is sort of a hack, but it will work. One can also remove the actual HTML, but that requires a pinch of function programming.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

csbeck
    Participant

Why don’t you create a custom home.php page? And put on it what you want? That way you wouldn’t use hacks. Just wondering.

Chris

louise
    Participant

David Chu – thanks, that did the trick.  Much appreciated.

Chris – :)  The answer to that question is that I don’t know how.  I’m not a programmer, nor have I ever had any training.  I barely know what you guys are talking about but I try not to let that stop me and figure things out as best I can.

Thanks

David Chu
    Participant

Louise,
    Great! Glad that helped!

Chris,
    Sure, someone could do that. But many Genesis-ers don’t program. Also, there are many ways to do anything in Genesis. In my custom themes, for disappearing the above I would write a tiny bit of PHP code, and would not need a home.php at all – I almost never use one even for fully tricked-out homepages. Lastly, when working with an official Genesis child theme, many already have a home.php, and if the person is not a skilled coder, the chance of breakage is significant.

Cheers,
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

csbeck
    Participant

Good points. I’m glad Louise that you got it working! Never give up. Never surrender. Happy Genesis-ing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.