Minumum Pro Tagline Filter

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minumum Pro Tagline Filter

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dwconcepts

I would like to suggest that a filter be added for the tagline on the Minimim-Pro theme. I like the large bold headline but on larger sites it becomes very redindant and a filter would allow customization without modifying the core child theme code. Below is the customized code that Im using but will break when the child theme is updated.

printf( '<div %s>', genesis_attr( 'site-tagline-left' ) );
    printf( '<p %s>%s</p>', genesis_attr( 'site-description' ), apply_filters('new_site_tagline', esc_html( get_bloginfo( 'description' ) ) , esc_html( get_bloginfo('description'))));
    echo '</div>';
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by  Susan. Reason: not a forum bug or suggestion
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by  Susan. Reason: not a forum bug or suggestion

nutsandbolts

You’re in luck – child themes don’t update in the sense that you’re thinking. The Genesis framework will update, but your customizations are safe as long as they’re made in your child theme’s files. When a new version of a child theme is released, it’s considered a whole new theme; there’s no need to update it and you won’t be prompted to do so in your dashboard. The child theme is just a skin that changes the way the site looks… All the functionality is contained within the framework.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.