Missing posts with a 404/Archive Page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Missing posts with a 404/Archive Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Currently using the Innov8tive theme and I’ve put the blogs on the home page as such. My friend wanted the photos larger as it’s displayed so I placed the widget in “Home Top” underneath the slider widget in the same section.

For the navigation you can click on next page and it continues to go to the next page just fine. I get to page 10: http://myimperfectkitchen.com/MIK/here/page/10/ and when I hit the next page button I get this: http://myimperfectkitchen.com/MIK/here/page/11/ which has a “Not Found, Error 404″ with the archive down below.

There are still a lot of older posts that are missing. So instead of this error message it should just continue. When I change to the numeric navigation it shows 45 pages, but again it stops right at the same place. I tried changing the number of posts per page to 5 and the posts continued the cycle, but again at page 11 same message.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

David Chu

Hi Mosh Pit Queen,
    That’s an excellent nick. I suppose I’m more like “Flamenco guitar playing hetero guy but aspiring closet Queen”.

Anyway, either you fixed it, or it was temporarily messed up. I got all the way to 30 pages, which was the stated limit in the title tag. So it seems like it’s working great. I’ll even excuse her for having a Post showing irritating Guy Fieri.

I suppose it would be instructive to see if anybody actually pages through a full archive. I hung in there because I was testing just now, but I would almost never do this when surfing myself. I suppose one could tell reading analytics.

If you are still having issues, hard to say – with paging, a cache is always a good suspect, but I don’t see one here. Maybe hosting hiccups.

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.