Mobile Menu support? Future improvements? (all themes)

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Mobile Menu support? Future improvements? (all themes)

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lbdesign
    Participant

Many themes don’t have real mobile menu support, and I see that on the new themes, mobile menu support is incomplete. For example, on the official demo for the new Parallax Pro theme, sub-categories can’t be selected on mobile devices.
    Genesis people, can you please share with us your thoughts on this and plans for future improvements?
    - when will older child themes be getting mobile menu support?
    - will you be improving the mobile menu support you do have? Sub-categories that work are an important feature.
    Thanks

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Recently saw tweet from Brian – they are working on better mobile menu support in new and will also update older themes. But this for sure will take time!

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

lbdesign
    Participant

Thanks Davinder. Not to be ungrateful to Studiopress, but I heard that 5 months ago…

snakeair
    Participant

Why don’t you email support and ask them this question. The StudioPress staff does not check this forum that often.

lbdesign
    Participant

Ah, OK. I didn’t realize they don’t visit here. I opened a ticket and will share what I learn here.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

We are working on improvements to the mobile menu system and are currently testing options for this, though there are specific challenges for implementing mobile menus in a way that will be compatible with all themes and implemented in the most streamlined, standards compliant, and effective way possible.

Many mobile devices do support the menus we currently have. However, some devices require using a non-linking menu item as the top level item rather than having it link to a page to access the submenus. You can add one by adding a custom link to your menu and using # as the url.

Alternatively, you could try adding this to your functions.php file:
    [php]add_filter( ‘genesis_superfish_enabled’, ‘__return_true’ );
    add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘child_enqueue_scripts’ );
    function child_enqueue_scripts() {
    wp_enqueue_script( ‘hoverIntent’ );
    }[/php]

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mobile Menu support? Future improvements? (all themes)’ is closed to new replies.