Mobile responsive problems – iPad Landscape

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Mobile responsive problems – iPad Landscape

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

lisa.burgess
    Participant

Hello,

I am having problems styling the mobile responsive section of the Minimum 2 theme.

When I view my site on iPad Landscape, the right portion of the page is cut off. It cannot even be scrolled to. I have tried adjusting the mobile responsive CSS so many different ways, but cannot seem to find a solution.

I have used the studiopress responsive site checker, along with my iPad and cant seem to find out where my CSS blunder is.

I notice that on smaller viewport sizes, my #page-title and #footer-widgets are also too wide (but scrollable).

But my main concern is why the right side of the site gets cut off in landscape view. Any help is greatly appreciated.

URL: http://coresmart.com/wp/

Thanks,

Lisa

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You need to override the 1140 width on #page-title and #footer-widgets in the responsive section. Those are the 2 causing the issue.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Annaedv
    Participant

Hello. I´m having the same problem in Mocha Theme. It seems to work in my HTC but not in Iphone4. The page/text can´t be readable to the right.

Do I need to change the same thing? I´m not so good at coding. Where do I do this? Can you describe a little bit more, what och where to do this?

lisa.burgess
    Participant

Hello Jen,

Under the responsive CSS (1200px), I have this:

#header,
    #slider,
    #main,
    #footer-widgets,
    #footer,
    #page-title,
    #page-title .wrap{
    max-width: 960px;
    margin: 0 auto;}

But, still the right side of everything from the header nav, home-featured, footer-widgets, footer are all cut off on the right on iPad Landscape.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Lisa

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Annaedv, If you could open your own thread, that would be great, it is going to be a different issue.

You need to trump it with width: 100% instead of the max-width.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

lisa.burgess
    Participant

I have tried this and it fixes the display issues for iPad portrait, but still the landscape view is chopped off on the right. Any other ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

LIsa

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You still have some 1140px widths you need to deal with:

[css].wrap {
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 1140px;
    }[/css]

[css]#footer-widgets .wrap {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    margin: 0 auto;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 40px 0 0;
    width: 1140px;
    }[/css]

lisa.burgess
    Participant

Oh my gosh! Thank you Jen!

That did it!  I *will* get the hang of updating the responsive CSS!  I truly appreciate your help on this. No more right side of page cut off.

Lisa

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You’re welcome! You will get the hang of it :0) Takes practice!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mobile responsive problems – iPad Landscape’ is closed to new replies.