Mobile Up/Mobile First — min-width vs. max-width

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Mobile Up/Mobile First — min-width vs. max-width

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Doug 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Doug
    Participant

Hello.

I am using the eleven40 theme. I have read that the way to code is Mobile up/Mobile first; yet, the eleven40 theme is coded Desktop down. Are there any plans to address this in the near future — i.e., present? I won’t even bother to bring up the HTML5 question.

Mobile Up/Mobile First — min-width vs. max-width

Thank you,

Doug Arnold/Pro Plus Member

surefirewebserv
    Participant

Mobile First is a preference. There’s no defined way to code.

There’s also a difference between an actual mobile site and a mobile responsive design.

It’s just a preference, you can always dive into the style sheet and start to tweak the mobile media query to suit your needs better if it’s not that way out the box.

I do believe the mobile approach is being taken in Genesis 2.0, I can’t confirm that though.

SureFireWebServices.com | Genesis Tuts and More
    Genesis Theme Starter Kit | It’s Free

Doug
    Participant

Agreed. Have you read Tim Kadlec’s book on Implementing Responsive Design, surefire? It is an inspiring read on all things mobile AND responsive.

It’s exciting to think of StudioPress going in the direction of HTML5 AND MobileUp in 2013!

Namasté,

Doug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.