Modal or Pop Up Newsletter sign up plugins – Suggestions?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Modal or Pop Up Newsletter sign up plugins – Suggestions?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marybaum 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JC2
    Participant

Hi,

Do any of you have a plugin recommendation for a pop up that can contain my mailchimp code and be customized in look?

There’s a ton out there, but I’d love to hear if any have worked well for you with Studiopress.

Thanks!

Jc

Allegra
    Participant

Hi,

You will probably get lots of opinions, but I really like Pippity (http://pippity.com/). The pop-ups are very well-designed and you can even set options for when they appear, on what posts, etc.

marybaum
    Participant

Please don’t do a popup. Please, please, please? If I’m coming to your site from a link to read an article, and a popup for your newsletter gets between me and the article I haven’t even read yet, that’s way too soon for me to know if I’m ready to subscribe. And even if you set the timing so it pops up on the third article I read, you’re still getting between the reader and your content. When I’m the reader, I find that incredibly annoying – it really hurts the user experience.

(Admittedly, I have a little problem with reading – I love it – and every site should have a popup that says, “Quit reading and start working!”)

I would really rather see you put your MailChimp form at the top right of every page – either in the header widget or the top of the right-hand sidebar. Maybe also add a simple version of it to the bottom of every post.

Just, please, not a popup, or a modal. Pretty please?

Mary

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.