Modern Blogger Pro – Paragraph Spacing

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Modern Blogger Pro – Paragraph Spacing

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tonya 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m using Modern Blogger Pro theme. I’d like to reduce the spacing between paragraphs in posts. For example, when I press the [Enter] key, I want the following line to be directly under the previous line. I’ve done a search here in the forum but cannot find a solution.

Also, I’ve added a custom header (but can’t recall how I did it…oops), anyway, I’d like to add the “subscribe via email” widget in the header. However, when I do, the widget is above my header real “wonky-like”. I don’t want that to be the case. I’ve removed it from the header area for now.

Thanks in advance.

For you first question, go to line 1294 in your style.css and reduce the amount of margin-bottom to achieve the spacing you want. For example, here is 10px of spacing between paragraphs:

.entry-content ol,
    .entry-content p,
    .entry-content ul,
    .quote-caption {
    	margin-bottom: 10px;
    	margin-bottom: 1rem;

For the second question, it looks like you added the image by using adding an action to ‘genesis_header’ instead of using ‘add_theme_support(‘custom_header’, array())’. With the image within the HTML and not set as a background image within the stylesheet, it causes the effect you are seeing. You can still deal with this as it is; however, you’ll need to use absolute positioning for the header widget-area to align it on the top right side.

For example, you can make these changes and then adjust as needed:

1. On line line 897:

.site-header .wrap {
    	border-left: 1px solid #ddd;
    	border-right: 1px solid #ddd;
    	border-top: 1px solid #ddd;
    	border-top-left-radius: 20px;
    	border-top-right-radius: 20px;
    	padding: 30px 0;
    	padding: 3rem 0;
    	position: relative; /* This is new */

2. Add this below:

.site-header .widget-area {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0; /* Adjust to where you want it positioned */
    right: 0;

Web developer, Software & Electrical Engineer · I enjoy coding, helping developers, & solving problems
    Find Me: | @hellofromTonya | @WP_Devs_Club

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.