Modern Portfolio: How to replace text logo with image, and align with Site Title

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Modern Portfolio: How to replace text logo with image, and align with Site Title

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bcopy
    Participant

Hi! I’m using the Modern Portfolio theme.

My test site is at: http://wip.brewedcopy.com

I already like how the Modern Portfolio header is laid out, so all I really want to do was replace the round logo on the top-left with my own image, while still keeping the site title beside it. I tied doing it by replacing the “M” in the css, which outputs the M text in the logo, with my own image. Unfortunately, it screwed up the alignment with the text into what is on the test site right now.

I think I can cheat on this by adding the site title to my logo image (doing away with text) and changing the colors of the background, etc. to white to hide them from view.

I hope someone can give me a better solution.

Thanks!

AC
    Blocked

Go to Genesis ? Theme Settings – scroll down to Header > Select Image Logo from the dropdown.

bcopy
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, Modern Portfolio doesn’t have that option. I already sent an email to Support, but they said something about it requiring a pretty big change to the CSS that requires floats and margin/paddings, which is too advanced for me. Right now, my best bet is to change the header entirely through Simple Hooks, but I was hoping there was a way to do that without going that route.

Thanks, though.

AC
    Blocked

Send me a message using the contact box on my site. I used this on another client back in January. I’ll look at the code to see how I made that happen for them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.