Modern Portfolio Menu Link Position

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Modern Portfolio Menu Link Position

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rkiel22 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

thecolab
    Participant

Hi there, I’ve started using the Modern Portfolio theme and customising it a bit btu can’t seem to figure out why the one menu item floats above the others. I can’t find anything in the CSS which suggests it should position one of the menu items differently.

Additionally I don’t think I even understand why the one menu item is floating higher than the others, especially considering it’s a one page layout where clicking any one of the items floats the page down to that section thereby hiding the menu.

AC
    Blocked

You must be using Google Chrome. That is a known issue right now with Google. Here is the response I received from Studiopress support:

Chrome currently has a bug: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=166230.  Remove the top margin from your menu ul.

If that link doesn’t work, I found another one that does – https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/chromium-bugs/PH_drzBScFM.

thecolab
    Participant

Thanks a ton this worked!

Robin
    Participant

I just wanted to add to this since I was having the same issue, but I saw that this was not occurring on the Modern Portfolio demo site. I dug a little bit and discovered that the demo site has replaced the margin-top for the header menu with padding-top instead:

#header .genesis-nav-menu {
    float: right;
    padding-top: 10px;
    padding-top: 0.625rem;
    width: auto;
    }

I changed the same thing in my stylesheet and it seems to be working correctly, without moving the menu.

Thanks, anitac, for your help!

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

AC
    Blocked

Thanks @littler-chicken for sharing that!

marybaum
    Participant

Yay!

I was hoping that if I read long enough, there would be an answer for this. I am also glad to find that:

I’m not crazy and

It’s not just the copies of Chrome on my Google user account(s) or in my house.

Thanks soooo much …..

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

marybaum
    Participant

And it worked like a charm.

Stupid Chrome bugs . . .

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

rkiel22
    Participant

Thank you so much for this! So simple, too.

Russ

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.