modern portfolio menu

Community Forums Forums General Discussion modern portfolio menu

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea Rennick 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

rusticrick
    Participant

Sorry, posted here as it seemed to be related to the thread. I will use a ticket next tie.

I have now restored the website to the out of the box code. No CSS class applied to neither the header nor primary menu.

The primary menu displays on the blog page but has the same issue as the header menu does on the homepage.

http://blackmirrors.co.uk/?p=380

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Disable all your plugins too please. THe css for the default menu styling is there in the theme.

For some reason it’s being ignored and I can see you have a caching plugin running, which really should be turned off when you set up a new theme.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

rusticrick
    Participant

Sorry I forgot about the plugin.

I have now disabled all plugins. I have the same problem on two fresh local installs which have no plugins activated.

I am using Chrome but have tested with safari and it’s the same.

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Okay, I see what happened. We rolled in a minor update for a menu bug in Chrome and it hosed the menus. :-/

**forum signature**

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

rusticrick
    Participant

That’s reassuring – I’ve been going mad thinking there’s something small that I’m missing.

So I guess I need to wait for an update to fix the menus again. Or is there a code workaround I can use?

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Yeah, I was going mad too. :D Gotta wait for both since I just found and verified it today.

**forum signature**

Twitterholic

rusticrick
    Participant

OK Thanks for your help Andrea, I’ll wait to hear back from you.

At least I can stop staring at CSS for a bit :)

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

It’s not the child theme – you’re on 1.8.2 of Genesis.

Please upgrade and the menu will be magically fixed.

**forum signature**

Twitterholic

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.