Modern Portfolio "Portfolio Widget" Behavior

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Modern Portfolio "Portfolio Widget" Behavior

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  arretx 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

arretx
    Participant

The layout is great, but I’m attempting to accomplish something that I don’t believe the theme supports, so I’m working around it.

I created six posts and put them in their own category, then set up the widget properly and everything looks great.  What I was hoping to do was to have each of those six portfolio items actually be a page instead of a post.  Since it doesn’t work that way, the work-around might be to change the href of the title link for each post displayed by that widget and have it connect to a particular category.

http://www.jongriffith.com is the site.  You’ll notice that if you click on one of the portfolio items, like “Triathlons” it takes you to that particular post.

I can change the code if I can find it, but I’m not sure that it’s a child function or if it’s in the genesis core files and I don’t want to complicate things too much in the event of an upgrade.

Q:  Where can I find where to edit the href link code so I can make it point to a specific category?

arretx
    Participant

On the other hand, it looks like it’s embedded inside the genesis widget core files and I’m at a loss on the code.  Any other suggestions?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.