modern portfolio theme, padding issue

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks modern portfolio theme, padding issue

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mattd 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mattd
    Participant

Take a look at the demo for modern portfolio, specifically a blog post.

http://demo.studiopress.com/modern-portfolio/

If you slowly shrink the width of the browser, at a certain point, the text gets pushed right up against the browser window. Is there some way to adjust this. It would look so much better if there were even just a little extra white space there.

I looked in the CSS style file, and added padding directly, but then the content column seemed to run into the sidebar when I did this. I tried adding padding around the entire body, but this also creates strange style distortions. The theme is so well balanced, any simple changes creates problems elsewhere … is there a simple way to add in some extra padding so the text doesn’t go flush up against the window?

AC
    Blocked

Where did you change the padding? Did you change it in the main CSS area or under the mobile device area of the CSS?

mattd
    Participant

Thank you for asking. :)

I’ve tried several things.

One solution is to add padding directly to #content. However, this doesn’t work. Content gets pushed directly into the sidebar *or* off the screen.

I’ve looked at the responsive section, and am not sure where I could add padding. I did try just adding it directly under some of the headings, but that didn’t work for me.

Another solution I’ve experimented with is to create a new class ID that contains the padding I want. I then try to use hooks to place it into the coding. For example, doing this I can insert padding starting at “genesis_before” and ending “genesis_after” … but this also creates different complicated problems.

Is there a way to add padding on the left, but then take it away on the right to restore balance? That seems like it would be an easy solution, but I don’t know how to do that …

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.