modern theme: edit specific posts: remove page title and tags

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks modern theme: edit specific posts: remove page title and tags

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rfmeier 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

abbypanda
    Participant

On the modern theme there is a portfolio section.

I am using it instead of just clicking to a full size image it can click to a gallery for that particular style.

When someone clicks the link, I dont want ot display teh post title or the tags but on those 3 posts only.

the posts I am referring to are the 3 on teh front page of abbymalonephoto.com under “portfolio galleries”

it takes you to a post page for “children’s photography” “newborn photography” and “pet photography”

how can i remove post title and tags on those 3 pages?

http://www.abbymalonephoto.com

rfmeier
    Participant

Hello,

The quickest way to do this is probably through css.  You can try adding the following css to your style.css theme file.

[css]
    .home .featuredpost .category-portfolio h2 {
    display: none;
    }[/css]

This will hide the titles (h2) within the featured posts widget (.featuredpost) that are in the portfolio category (.category-portfolio) on the home page (.home).

Let me know how it works.

abbypanda
    Participant

Thank you, that removed the titles under the portfolio but I want to remove them on the individual pages.

On the front page under portfolio you see 3 images. When you click on one it takes you to a page for each specific category.

see this page for example:

http://www.abbymalonephoto.com/newborn-photographer-benton-bryant-arkansas/

This is my newborn page linked from the newborn image on the front page portfolio.

On this page here, this is where I want to remove the title and tags.

I also want to remove it on just these other 2 pages, linked from teh front portfolio

http://www.abbymalonephoto.com/childrens-photographer-benton-bryant-arkansas/

http://www.abbymalonephoto.com/pet-photography-benton-bryant-arkansas/

If I see how this works right they are just blog entries it takes you to when you click the portfolio

but just those 3 I want to remove the title and tags.

Thanks for taking the time to help

rfmeier
    Participant

I apologize, I read the description incorrectly.  There are two ways to remove the entry title and the post info from the page.

With css;

[css]
    .single .category-portfolio .entry-title,
    .single .category-portfolio .post-info {
    }[/css]

This css will hide all post title’s and post info for all single page posts that are in the portfolio category.

or with code;

This code will hide all post title’s and post info for all single page posts that are in the portfolio category.

I hope this helps.

abbypanda
    Participant

That worked great and those pages look a lot better without titles. It didnt seem to remove the tags at the bottom. How can I do that with css

thanks for all your help

rfmeier
    Participant

I am glad that worked. For the tags at the bottom (post meta), the css from before will just need another line.

[css]
    .single .category-portfolio .entry-title,
    .single .category-portfolio .post-info,
    .single .category-portfolio .post-meta {
    }[/css]

abbypanda
    Participant

thanks so much, quick question, will this affect SEO?

I am guessing not b/c it’s only hidden from the display but wnat to be sure.

rfmeier
    Participant

You’re welcome.  I am glad I could help.

As for negative affects on SEO… I am not sure.  Maybe someone else can throw in their two cents.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.