Modify .content & .sidebar width without breaking the responsive functionnality

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Modify .content & .sidebar width without breaking the responsive functionnality

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nunotmp 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mediana
    Participant

Hello,
    Though I am very familiar with WordPress & already developped dozens of websites with the platform, I am a newcomer to Genesis framework.
    Could someone explain me how to change .content & .sidebar width without breaking the responsive functionnality ?
    I am currently using the default Genesis child theme.
    Best regards,
    Antoine

anitac
    Participant

You can modify it, just make sure you modify the same area down in the responsive design/media queries section of the CSS. What I do it… look at the code I want to change, then look for it in the media section so I’ll know how to change that code.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

mediana
    Participant

Thank you anitac. I have indeed override media queries in a custom CSS file, and it works pretty well. Need to learn and tweak a little further to make it kinda pixel perfect.

nunotmp
    Participant

One of the things you will need to do is instead of use width: you may need to use max-width: instead.

Need a custom Genesis Child Theme? http://wpzombies.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.