Modify .content & .sidebar width without breaking the responsive functionnality

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Modify .content & .sidebar width without breaking the responsive functionnality

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nunotmp 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mediana
    Participant

Hello,
    Though I am very familiar with WordPress & already developped dozens of websites with the platform, I am a newcomer to Genesis framework.
    Could someone explain me how to change .content & .sidebar width without breaking the responsive functionnality ?
    I am currently using the default Genesis child theme.
    Best regards,
    Antoine

AC
    Blocked

You can modify it, just make sure you modify the same area down in the responsive design/media queries section of the CSS. What I do it… look at the code I want to change, then look for it in the media section so I’ll know how to change that code.

mediana
    Participant

Thank you anitac. I have indeed override media queries in a custom CSS file, and it works pretty well. Need to learn and tweak a little further to make it kinda pixel perfect.

nunotmp
    Participant

One of the things you will need to do is instead of use width: you may need to use max-width: instead.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.