Modifying Portfolio Archive page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Modifying Portfolio Archive page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Toon61
    Participant

Hi all,
    I want to make some adjustments to the Portfolio Archive page in the Executive theme (but I guess it applies to all child-themes), and I need some help.

This is what I have so far:
    5 portfolio items consisting of an image (not a featured image, but in the post itself), one line of content and a title.

This is what I want:
    Show the image (this one is covered automatically)
    Show the title as an H4 heading without link (but this might change overtime as the client does want it), and show the content (one line of text) as an H3.
    Both the H4 and H3 are wrapped together in a div with the id ‘portfolio-small-content’ (the name of this ID might change).
    This DIV must be shown with a semi-transparent background over (!) the image. (This part I can accomplish with CSS, I think/hope/believe).

The hard part for me is how to get the two content items (title and one-line content) into one DIV.
    I think this must be done in the appropriate ‘portfolio-archive.php’ file, but my knowledge of PHP and working with a Genesis theme is (at the moment) not sufficient enough to do it myself.

Maybe I should make the showing image a featured Image, I don’t know. But if it helps in the solution where I’m after, than I’m more than willing to change that.

Who can/will point me in the right direction.

• This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  Toon61.
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  Toon61.

Susan

As you posted this a while back, I’m hoping that you were able to get your issue resolved. If not, come back and report here, and I will escalate this for you.

Thanks!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Toon61
    Participant

Hi Susan,

I almost forgot about this post until I received a mail from this forum.
    Well, I fixend it. It took some CSS tweaking, but finally I got what I wanted.
    What I was after, was showing pictures of employees. And in the end I didn’t use the Portfolio Archive page, but a ‘listing’ of posts with a certain keyword to show.

But thanks for reminding me of this post.
    I think it should be closed.

Susan

Thank you – I will mark as resolved and close.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Modifying Portfolio Archive page’ is closed to new replies.