More tag not working in Genesis Responsive Slider

Community Forums Forums General Discussion More tag not working in Genesis Responsive Slider

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  weslinda 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

MoodyRiviera
    Participant

Rob,

Thanks so much for the link to your instructional video. I’m going to try that out over the weekend, and I’ll let you know how it works in my situation. It’s so frustrating that the slider seems to work in some situations, and not in others.

When I saw your name here the other day, I knew I had “seen you” somewhere before, and when I followed your link this morning, I immediately remembered that I had been to your web site before, and also had seen your videos on YouTube. I even made some favorable comments on your YouTube video. (Small world.)

Thanks again for your great help.

RobCubbon
    Participant

Thanks, small world indeed! Glad you’ve been to my website and seen my YouTube stuff!

Best of luck this weekend. See if you can get the button to appear! It’s good that you’re doing it with Posts rather than Pages because it seems to work better with them.

weslinda
    Participant

I did a quick search, and it looks this was solved in the way noted in the last part of the thread.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/display-read-more-link-without-post-excerpt

Loving the Genesis Life!

MoodyRiviera
    Participant

Rob…just wanted to let you know that I did a test using your instructions and settings, and was eventually able to get the “button” to appear. The entire process of using the Genesis Responsive-Slider seems whacked though. Judging by the many people having problems, the slider is in need of some major fixes.

RobCubbon
    Participant

MoodyRiviera, great that you got the button. It can be a bit of a hassle to use this plugin, I agree, there seems to be a lot of questions about it.

Actually, weslinda, I’m sorry I didn’t really get your solution before. I didn’t realise you can put HTML into the Excerpts and therefore but those buttons in there. It’s a bit hacky but it’ll work. Thank you.

weslinda
    Participant

Rob, no problem.  It’s one of the reasons I like using excerpts. Then I have more control of the layout of the text there. Hopefully it allows you to do what you were trying to do.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.