mouseout delay – drop down menus

Community Forums Forums General Discussion mouseout delay – drop down menus

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gary Jones 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hophead99
    Participant

Hi

I’m using the Streamline-Pro Theme and would like to know how I can slow the mouseout on dropdown menus. I have tried copying the superfish.args js to my child theme and changing the delay, but it seems to have no effect at all.

I have sub menus under sub menus and when the mouse crosses over it’s a real pain – just jumps to the lower sub menu content.

Thanks in advance

Phil

http://301885.temp-dns.com/

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

Have you tried http://code.garyjones.co.uk/change-superfish-arguments?

Looking at /wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/js/menu/superfish.args.js, the jQuery selector is .js-superfish. You might want to change the code in article accordingly.

hophead99
    Participant

Hi Sridhar

Sorry this does not work – was the first thing I tried – and this post is over 3 years old – is it really still relevant?

I replaced: $(‘#nav ul.superfish, #subnav ul.superfish, #header ul.nav, #header ul.menu’).superfish({

with: $(‘.js-superfish’).superfish({

and even set the delay to 1000 but made absolutely no difference, would I need to change some element of the code for the functions.php as well?

Thanks

Gary Jones

I’ve updated my article and it now contains (admittedly untested) code for Genesis 2.0 and later.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.