Move generate box to bottom of all posts

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Move generate box to bottom of all posts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kanej 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kanej
    Participant

Hi all,

I want to move the generate box to the bottom of each post on my site. I am using the generate theme.

Does anybody know how I can do this?

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Is there an after-post widget area?

If so, place your subscription form in a text widget there or use the enews extended widget.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

kanej
    Participant

Sorry Andrea I thought I replied to this!

The text that is used is only part of the full generate box. If you add the text to any other widget area it merely shows the “join us” badge and the email subscription form.

I am only learning to use .php and do not have a coding background, although I see there is a function in home.php to add_generate_after_header. If I change it to add_generate_after_post it puts the frame directly under the post but slightly to the right, and minus anything inside.

I want to be able to place it below the post and sidebar.

I also want to be able to control which pages it appears on.

Any answers?

braddalton
    Participant

Do you also want to display it on the home page? Or just below single posts?

This code will display the generate box after all single posts:

You will need to tweak the CSS code to your own style preferences yourself.

braddalton
    Participant

kanej
    Participant

Hey thanks for your reply. I’ll check it out when I get home to my computer looks great

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.