Move Post Titles above Content/Sidebar Wrap

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Move Post Titles above Content/Sidebar Wrap

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Treefungus 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ameeker
    Participant

`

add_action(‘genesis_init’, ‘move_title’); function move_title() { if( is_single() || is_page() || ! is_page_template(‘page_blog.php’) ) { remove_action( ‘genesis_post_title’, ‘genesis_do_post_title’ ); add_action( ‘genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap’, ‘genesis_do_post_title’ ); } } `

Using the Executive theme, I’m trying to move post/page titles on single/page above the content/sidebar wrap using the snippet above, but that’s not working. Anyone around who could help me correct it?

ameeker
    Participant

Here’s what worked, with some help from David Decker.

`

/** Relocate the post info */
    add_action( ‘genesis_meta’, ‘ddw_post_move_title’ );
    function ddw_post_move_title() {

if (is_single() || is_page() || !is_page_template( ‘page_blog.php’ ) ) {
    remove_action( ‘genesis_post_title’, ‘genesis_do_post_title’ );
    add_action( ‘genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap’, ‘genesis_do_post_title’ );
    }
    }

`

ameeker
    Participant

Having said that, on archive pages, that moves the title of the last post above the content/sidebar and removes the post titles from the rest of the archive/category page. Hmm… How to get them back as they were on archive pages…

ameeker
    Participant

Here is an example of the archive pages now. http://vidafit.angiemeekerdesigns.com/2013/01/

Bing Crosby
    Participant

I don’t know if it’s because the code above wasn’t wrapped in “code” tags or not, but when I copied it, all of the single quotes were “curly” quotes, which obviously isn’t what you want in PHP.

Just a heads up for anyone using this!

Treefungus
    Participant

Hi ameeker

Did you sort it out? I am having same issue but it seems you sorted it. How did you do get your titles back on the blog archives?

Thanks

I believe I sorted it. Thanks anyway

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.