Move Responsive Slider Down Page (Exectutive Pro)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Move Responsive Slider Down Page (Exectutive Pro)

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  questarthews 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

questarthews
    Participant

I have been playing around with the layout and decided to go simply with the responsive slider on the home screen. No logo or header and no other widgets (at least for the time being).

The background is an image of our place of business in black and white except for the sign out front which is in color.

Is there a way to get the slider further down the page so it is just below the sign allowing that to show instead of a banner or header?

Also, for some reason one of the images on the slider has decided to go wonky and doesn’t show up, but that sort of error seems to come and go depending on when I load the page. Worked yesterday, not today, but I’ll wait to see if it works itself out in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tracy

http://corvallisautorepair.com/

emasai
    Participant

You will have to add a top margin on .site-inner, and so that it does not affect the rest of the site you will have to create a css selector targeting the home page only. e.g .home .site-inner {margin-top: 150px;}

Need Website Customization or a Responsive CSS fix? Contact Me
    Lynne emasai.com

questarthews
    Participant

Thanks a lot Lynne,

I’m not sure if I understood you correctly or not because I was trying to make the changes in the .site-inner area as well as find the appropriate spot for a css selector so was coming up with the change on all pages.

In the end I just did the change under site containers and left it out of the .site-inner completely. This allowed the slider to be lower on the page and the other pages as normal.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.