Move Secondary menu below header (eleven40 theme)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Move Secondary menu below header (eleven40 theme)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dorian Speed 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Charles Specht
    Participant

I’m using the eleven40 theme and I have a fixed header. When I add the code below to my functions.php to reposition the secondary menu, it automatically places it above the header, not below. I want the secondary menu to be below the header. How do I do this?

/** Reposition the secondary navigation menu */
    remove_action( 'genesis_after_header', 'genesis_do_subnav' );
    add_action( 'genesis_before_header', 'genesis_do_subnav' );

Here’s my website:  www.charlesspecht.com

Dorian Speed
    Participant

I’m not sure I understand why you’ve added that to your functions.php, but that code would have the result you are describing. It’s going to move the subnavigation above the header.

The subnavigation is, by default, below the header. So you shouldn’t need to add anything to functions.php.

Bringing websites Up to Speed
    Firebug will light the way to understanding the secrets of the Internet!

Charles Specht
    Participant

Sorry, but I should have given more information. When I add the code for the primary or the secondary menus, they both end up at the top of the header. I can’t figure how to get either of them below the header.

Dorian Speed
    Participant

So – forgive me if I am missing something. Why are you adding any code to your functions.php at all? The secondary menu should be below the header by default.

I can’t imagine this would be a plugin issue, but just in case – did you try deactivating your plugins to see if that resolved the problem?

Charles Specht
    Participant

Without adding any of the above code to the functions.php, both the primary and secondary menus are located at the top of the screen but “behind” my header (which is transparent), when either are activated. I’m not sure why the secondary menu doesn’t appear below the header, which is why I thought about adding that code to the functions.php, which I found in the StudioPress code tutorials.

I’m not sure what to try next.

Dorian Speed
    Participant

That is very strange. You did try deactivating your plugins, right?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.