Moving new widget before footer widgets in Executive 2.0

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Moving new widget before footer widgets in Executive 2.0

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

gonzalo
    Participant

Hi, I just registered a new widget in order to add sponsors logos above the footer widget area, like the sub footer used here but I haven’t been able to place it in the right place.  I tried the genesis_before_footer, but that places it between the footer and the footer widget area.  Also tried genesis_after_content_sidebar_wrap and genesis_after_content with no luck.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

This is the test site: http://escuadrontec.pe/etprueba/

This is what I used:

/** Add the home before footer section */ add_action( 'genesis_before_footer', 'custom_before_footer' );
    function custom_before_footer() {
    if ( is_home() )
    genesis_widget_area( 'home-before-footer', array(
    'before' => '<div class="home-before-footer widget-area">',
    ) );
    }

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  gonzalo.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  gonzalo.

gonzalo
    Participant

The above code isn’t showing up properly, but it’s the one making the new widget show on the test site link posted on the previous post.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Try using Priority:

add_action( 'genesis_before_footer', 'custom_before_footer', 5 );

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

gonzalo
    Participant

Jen, thanks for your help.  That kind of worked, but the widget title wraps to the left of the responsive slider.  Any ideas as to how to wrap it properly?

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Not sure what you mean. It is certainly not anywhere near the responsive slider.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

gonzalo
    Participant

Literally, just a few minutes ago I found a tutorial on how to add a structural wrap to the section I was trying to style.  Finally figured it out.  Thank you so much for your help.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You’re Welcome!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Moving new widget before footer widgets in Executive 2.0’ is closed to new replies.