Moving secondary nav on interior pages

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Moving secondary nav on interior pages

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jordydme
    Participant

I’m content with werer my secondary nav is positioned on home page (over slider). I’d like to have that same secondary nav positioned over the custom widget area I made (secondary header) on interior pages and posts.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0ecrel62e

How would I go about this?

Thanks and happy new year.

Website here

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  jordydme.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  jordydme.

jordydme
    Participant

I figured this out for myself, with no thanks to studiopress support. Really annoyed and completely disappointed with the support. It’s no better than it was before the big changes.

I initially emailed support  direct (because I thought that’s what I was supposed to do with the new system) and got an email on how I should post in the forum and  so I did.

With no responses in over 24hrs, I emailed  support again and got a dissertation from the support department explaining how they don’t help with customizations.

Now… had someone really taken the time to a look at what I was really trying to accomplish, with a little direction, it could have been resolved very quickly.

The problem was that I did not need to move the secondary nav at all. All I needed to do was to add a new widget area before the content. It was a problem with how I was visualizing what needed to be done. An experienced genesis admin could have easily articulated this to me.

For me, this article really explained some details about how to add a widget area AND what the code actually means in English… this was easier for me to grasp than any other documentation I found on the studiopress site or Nick’s site.

After adding the new widget area before the content  (under the secondary nav), I can then put images in the new widget area to appear on specific pages and posts of my choice. This is accomplished using the widget logic plugin. It allows the use of conditional tags to tell wordpress where and when to display the new widget.

Hope this helps someone else.

Susan

@Jordydme – I’m glad that you were able to find resolution to your issue. I’m sorry, however, that you were disappointed in the lack of support. It appears that you submitted your request in the evening of New Year’s Eve. Yesterday was a major holiday, and since most of us here on the board providing support are volunteers, occasionally we take time off and cannot always respond to questions immediately.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Moving secondary nav on interior pages’ is closed to new replies.