Multiple background support

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Multiple background support

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NWTD 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

NWTD
    Participant

I found this code snippet to add support for a custom background from the dashboard:
    /** Add support for Custom Background **/
    add_custom_background();

I created a child themes that has a sectioned background (2-3 different backgrounds)…is it possible to add dashboard support for the three different sections?

braddalton
    Participant

Try this: http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/individual-page-backgrounds/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

NWTD
    Participant

Not quite what I was looking for. I’m trying to add multiple background support from the dashboard GUI. I’m talking about this area of the dashboard.

So on this page of the dashboard I might see something like: Main Background Image (this would set the background for `<body>`), Top Background Image (this would set the background for the top section background), Middle Background Image (this would set hte background for the middle section of the site), and Footer Background Image (this would set he background for the footer area).

braddalton
    Participant

NWTD
    Participant

Nope, not that either…at least I can’t tell from the the info on the links. Here’s an example of my site. Notice the three different backgrounds used…I’m wanting to be able to choose/edit those individually from the dashboard. Is this more of a WordPress hack than a theme function?

braddalton
    Participant

There’s nothing like that which i know of. You could hire someone to custom code this but its alot of work because you also want the dashboard GUI.

I understand you want to use different background images on the same page in different locations and also have access using a UI in the Dashboard.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

NWTD
    Participant

Thanks Brad

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.