Multiple Pages inside a Post

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Multiple Pages inside a Post

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ruidoblanco 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

incomeclub
    Participant

I have just created my blog and some of my posts are very long.  I would like to split a post into multiple pages.  I tried inserting the following line inside my post but it did not work:

<!--nextpage-->

I am using WordPress 3.5.  Is there a way of splitting up a post into multiple pages?

Chris Cree
    Participant

It would help to have a link to your site to see what’s going on. Generally speaking Genesis themes work with the [html]<!–nextpage–>[/html] tag no problem.

Make sure you add the tag with the “Text” tab instead of the “Visual” Tab in WordPress 3.5. If you add it with the “Visual” tab your site will just display the tag itself instead of processing it as an HTML tab.

incomeclub
    Participant

I have found my problem.  If you typed it in the visual editor it did not work.  It does work if you type it in the text editor.

theateradvisor
    Participant

Hi guys,

Quick follow up.

Can you help me with the following:

a) Have the “pages 1,2,3, etc” appear at the bottom of the content before any other functions load. We are using the nrelate plugin for related posts and the facebook plugin for comments and would like the Pages to appear before those two items.

b) We’d like to style the look of “Pages 1,2,3 etc” and are using a Lifestyle child theme however when I put css styling into the style.css file nothing happened.  Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

ruidoblanco
    Participant

hello, @theateradvisor i have the same problem than you, i want the “pages 1,2,3! appear before related contents and other footer plug in, but i don’t know how!

anyone can help please?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.