Multiple Pages with HomePage type layout

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Multiple Pages with HomePage type layout

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pixelpaper 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pixelpaper
    Participant

I am starting work on a site that needs 3 pages that share the layout of the home page.(slideshow and 3 bottom areas)

I most likely will be using the Executive theme.

I’m assuming this will involve coping the home.php, creating new widgets in the function.php -

but not sure how to call my new home2.php.

Might there be a tutorial out there to simplify the process for me, or can someone point me in the right direction to get started?

Thanks,

Kim

braddalton
    Participant

Written about this several times myself and its not difficult.

You can copy the home.php and make it into a template.

You’ll then need to copy the register widgets code in your child themes functions.php file and give them unique i.d’s which match your code in your new templates.

You can then copy the CSS and change the classes to the class names you used in your custom templates or even leave them the same as your home.php if you want to use the same styling.

I did also provide the code how to do this on these forums but its a bit hard to find and is theme specific.

Not a difficult job and a great idea in my opinion.

pixelpaper
    Participant

Brad,
    I’ve got my new .php file fashioned after the home, and i’ve registered my new widget areas on the functions page…

so how do I call this template to be used?

Kim

pixelpaper
    Participant

haha… I got it… had to think

gave it a template header and selected it on the page I need.

Kim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.