Multiple Templates with Multiple CSS files

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Multiple Templates with Multiple CSS files

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tifanielake 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

vahost
    Participant

I’m still relatively new to WordPress and Genesis coding, and I need some help.

I want to create a number of different page templates, each with their own CSS style sheets. I know I can create php files and use them as templates, but I don’t see how to tie them into the standard Genesis system for creating pages while also using a different style sheet than the default file.

I suppose I could just write a whole div structure into a page.php file with its own head link to a CSS file, but that would defeat the purpose of having Genesis do the “heavy lifting”, as so many people describe it.

I’ve seen Nick the Geek’s “Genesis Explained” tutorial, but it doesn’t seem to touch on this subject directly, focusing instead on how to include the various Genesis functions in what you’re building.

What I would love is to have a clearer idea about how to create alternative templates within my theme that use Genesis to the max while enabling me to use a variety of CSS style sheets. How can I do this?

vahost
    Participant

Can anyone help me with this?

tifanielake
    Participant

vahost, this should help point you in the right direction

http://gregrickaby.com/2011/03/how-to-create-a-page-template-in-genesis.html

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.