Multiple Widgets In Right Header

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Multiple Widgets In Right Header

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

cmubrad
    Participant

I am trying to figure out how to put a custom menu and search widget in the top right header so they show up side by side. The menu keeps showing up on top of the search widget. Started playing around with the css and was able to get them up there by messing with the #’s on the searchform and  #header . widget-area. However, I want the menu to the left and search widget on the right. I’ve tried changing the float right and left for both and neither would get them to work how I want them too. If what I currently have is wrong and there is a better way then I’d appreciate the correct way.

Also, is there a way to remove the “Home” link that is automatically inserted on the primary navigation bar? With the current design of my site I only want the black bar with no links. I’ve figured out how to make the bar and text smaller but cannot find out how to remove the link.

Appreciate any help that can be given. Here is my site.

http://workoutjourney.com

AC
    Blocked

Start with this – change float to “right” and then change the width to about 650 or 675 and then go from there.

#header .widget-area {

color: #333333;
        float: left;
        font-size: 20px;
        padding: 27px 0 0 15px;
        width: 600px;

}

cmubrad
    Participant

This is what I currently have.

#header .widget-area {
    color: #333;
    float: right;
    font-size: 20px;
    padding: 27px 0 0 15px;
    width: 620px;

It still doesn’t push the search form to the right side. I’ve tried moving them from the widgets page and it didn’t work. Any other ideas?

AC
    Blocked

Move the Search back under the Nav. Then change the 620 to 650 and you will see that they will be on the same line.

cmubrad
    Participant

Thanks. It worked. Any idea on my second issue? I activated the primary navigation bar to just have the black bar show up. I don’t want any links on it. Is there any way to remove the “Home” link that automatically shows up? You can see on my site right now how the text is very small.

http://workoutjourney.com

AC
    Blocked

Go to Menus – then activate the secondary one. Create a secondary menu and don’t add the home page. The home is there by default.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.