Multisite: Have subsites but one of which I want unique CSS for

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Multisite: Have subsites but one of which I want unique CSS for

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  computerkitten 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

computerkitten
    Participant

I have a Multisite setup but one of the subsites I want it to not inherit all of the CSS from the styles.css file.  Wouldn’t mind using 90% but would like to override a few things.

How do you do this?

Thanks!

CK

JestersTear
    Participant

Have you considered activating Jetpack and using its Edit CSS module? It seems like the easy solution here, although I’d advise that you copied your edits onto a text file as backup.

Monica | jesterstear on twitter | monicaguerraleiria.com

computerkitten
    Participant

I have actually never used Jetpack. I assume I could install it and then just activate it for this one subsite right?  I wonder if this is the only solution to this for getting unique CSS for just one subsite?

Thanks!

JestersTear
    Participant

Yes, Jetpack is connected to WordPress.com on a subsite-by-subsite basis. I’m by no means saying this is the only solution, but it was the first that popped to mind. I’m in the process of creating my own multisite network, so if I come across a better way I’ll revisit this thread. :)

Monica | jesterstear on twitter | monicaguerraleiria.com

computerkitten
    Participant

Okay thank you for that feedback.  I will post again to see if this is how others customize a subsite… only because they may not look at the post since its been responded to.  Just want to be sure before I install this.  Thank you for your help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.