Multisite: How to use one single theme for different web-sites

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Multisite: How to use one single theme for different web-sites

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CharlieL 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

CharlieL
    Participant

In a multisite environment I wonder how to differ the stylesheets for each site respectively when I use one single theme for the different sites?
    Can I give the stylesheet another name and run it that way, or does it hurt or brake the Genesis system?

A second install of the theme seems not to be a solution, or?  What if I use certain hooks on one site but not the other with the same theme?

NWTD
    Participant

I simply reuse the same theme. And in that case, I rename the directory of that theme and change the top line in the CSS

Theme Name: Custom Theme Name

Then you can enable this new theme on any subsites as needed.

CharlieL
    Participant

I unzipped the main-folder for the theme and renamed the theme-folder in it, and I also changed the first line in stylesheet. Zipped it again and imported to WP. After I had activated the theme for the network I got it to play for the new site. It was simpler than expected. Hopefully everything will work now as expected.

Thank you for helping me!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.