My Header Is Frozen – Is That Normal?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion My Header Is Frozen – Is That Normal?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  KenTheriot 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

KenTheriot
    Participant

Is it normal for the header to be frozen child theme is Eleven40-Pro), so it stays visible while users scroll down the page? I didn’t think so, but now I’m starting to doubt whether it is the default for this child theme. I was trying to put a “utility nav bar” above the header last night and so put some snippets into Functions.php and Style.css. But when I noticed that the header was frozen, I removed everything I had added. But still the header is frozen!? It looks like I have to ADD more styling to unfreeze it, which seems weird, since nothing I added looked like it had anything in it that would freez it in the first place. Plus I removed everything. I DID clear all caches and the browser history cookies and cache. I also checked on another computer with another browser.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Ken

KenTheriot
    Participant

UPDATE: I was able to correct the problem by adding the following to my style.css file:

.site-header {
      background: url(/wp-content/themes/eleven40-pro/images/texture.png);
      min-height: 65px;
      position: absolute;
      width: 100%;
      z-index: 999;
    }

I changed “position” to “absolute” where it had been “fixed” before.

But I’m still wondering why this changed (or even if it DID change). I’m pretty sure that it was not fixed before.

Ken

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘My Header Is Frozen – Is That Normal?’ is closed to new replies.