My @media sections are being ignored for Iphone -Metro

Community Forums Forums General Discussion My @media sections are being ignored for Iphone -Metro

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ozzy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

computerkitten
    Participant

My @media query for the Iphone section I’m discovering is being ignored… for this part:

Website is here:

http://tinyurl.com/blgu2rc

The CSS for the @media for the Iphone is here:

.home-middle-left,
    .home-middle-right,
    #header .search-form {
    width: 100% !important;
    }

However …. its inheriting the Desktop section of 48% and not expanding out to 100% (I want to have just one long wide column on the iPhone for the featured sections on the home page).  Instead… its displaying about half width and not paying attention to the @media query section.  I’ve been looking for missing semi colons that maybe is causing that section to be ignored but can’t find anything.  Spent way too much time trying to figure out why its being ignored… ideas?

THANKS!!!!CK

http://tinyurl.com/blgu2rc

Ozzy
    Participant

on line 2016 of your style.css, you’ll see */ which should be changed to /*

then your media styles should start working.

on line 2234, you’ll see a ( for the .footer-widgets-3 rule. that should be { instead.

if you could make those couple of changes and then let us know if you see anything working or changing, that’d be great.

computerkitten
    Participant

Oh geez….thank you!  Okay so how did you know it was those line #s I don’t have line #s…  please let me know, thanks!

CK

Ozzy
    Participant

i took your style.css and brought it into a code editor. what are you using to edit your stylesheet?

computerkitten
    Participant

No code editor….. was just checking it in the interface.  But I can pull it into the editor in Dreamweaver!  However… maybe you can give me more of the phrase so I don’t have to and I can search please…. pretty please :-)… CK

Ozzy
    Participant

sure thing.

search for ’14 Media Queries’ and just above that you’ll find the */ that should be /*

search for ‘.footer-widgets-3 (‘ and replace the ( with {

computerkitten
    Participant

Wow thank you tons and tons!!!!  How did you find this…this fast????  I’m amazed!!!  CK

computerkitten
    Participant

So thankful let me tell you…. much better now testing it out here.  I just have one last question…. what is the best way to get some padding inside the white featured sections on the Iphone?  Right now the words are running into the sides.

Thanks!!!

CK

Ozzy
    Participant

you’re welcome!

sometimes i get lucky.. :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.