My Question Still in Limbo

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks My Question Still in Limbo

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dareadel
    Participant

I decided to start another post because I am still looking for someone kind enough to respond to my concern on this post http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/home-page-sidebar-for-slider-plugin/.

I did everything I was asked to do in terms of registering sidebars and all that. After I was done with all the steps, my website went blank and I couldn’t get even log in to WordPress. I had to restore my website to the previous 3 days. I am asking a person kind enough to have the patience to let me know what I am doing wrong. I am confidence someone here knows what to do and I will be knocking and asking till I get the help I need.

Thanks in advance.

braddalton
    Participant

I suggest you install WordPress locally using instantwp.com for Windows or MAMP for Mac and try the code again from this tutorial. Otherwise if coding is beyond you, you might need to hire someone for this small job.

You’ll need to decide on exactly where you want to create the widget area using the hook reference, then you can add the correct hooks to the code so the new widget area display your slider in the location you want.

Here’s a visual hook reference

The tutorial and code are spot on. Errors can occur when applying code incorrectly in your themes files.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.