My site: NomadSpirit, created with Quattro

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback My site: NomadSpirit, created with Quattro

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ithacaindy 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

David Browne
    Participant

http://nomadspirit.net

Feedback always welcome. I’m currently on a bit of a page speed mission now actually so if anybody can spot something that I am doing wrong, causing a slight increase in page loading I’d be more than great ful if they can let me know. eg I’m aware having a .png file as the header is not a good idea but I wanted the transparency.

We are Dave & Erin. Full time travellers and designers. Currently in Sydney. Follow us on Google +. I’m new to twitter so be the first to say hey Twitter

Note: Known to give only give negative critique on design. I don’t mean to offend anybody, it is just more efficient pointing out mistakes than saying “yes, its beautiful” every time. :)

cdils
    Participant

Hi there, the site looks very nice! With your source code minified, it’s hard to see if there might be excessive scripts running, etc, but the page load was just fine for me.

Pingdom.com has a great tool for checking page load times. It’ll show load times and server trips for each script – might be helpful for you as you’re fine-tuning.

Good work!

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

ithacaindy
    Participant

As a fellow speed-freak, I second the Pingdom recommendation. There is a similar tool built into Firebug for Firefox and Chrome.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.