Nameless – free child theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Nameless – free child theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  JestersTear 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

JestersTear
    Participant

I made a free child theme called Nameless, and I looked through the community forums here but didn’t really find an appropriate place to share the link, so I’m posting it here – apologies in advance if I shouldn’t, and please delete this post if that’s the case.

Anyway,  here’s the link if anyone would like to grab it: http://www.monicaguerraleiria.com/nameless-free-genesis-child-theme/

Monica | jesterstear on twitter | monicaguerraleiria.com

AC
    Blocked

That’s really nice JestersTear! I am going to try it out and I’ll link it on my site.

Susan

Nice job, Monica!
    As an aside, I got my introduction to Genesis framework through Designer Blogs – I bought one of their blogger templates, and then decided to take the plunge and switch to WordPress. I love the work you ladies produce!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

JestersTear
    Participant

Thanks for the link and compliment, anitac!

And thanks for the compliment, Susan, t’s so cool to hear it was Designer Blogs that inspired you to go WordPress + Genesis! :D

Jon Weiss

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

Thanks for making that available to the community. Looks great.

JestersTear
    Participant

Thanks so much, Jon and Nick! :)

colemanweb
    Participant

I am new and have a question for anyone.  There are three themes I’m interested in getting along with the framework.  Now that I see all the free plugins that come with the Genesis framework, I realize I may not need one of those themes at all.  Sooooo, this is what I’m thinking.  Purchase the Genesis framework and then later buy the themes.  How much are the themes after you’ve already purchased the Genesis framework and is there a bundle price, like say for example $3 for 45 or anything like that?  I just don’t want to get zinged and find out I have to pay $59 each theme after I purchase the framework.  If that’s the case, I’ll have to think long and hard about which theme to get.

Your theme looks beautiful JesterTears.  Very similar to what I was looking for.  I wish they would make a pinboard-type theme that’s responsive.  I would absolutely love that.

AC
    Blocked

There is a Pinboard in the works. I had a sneak peak and it was nice. Hold out if you can!

Susan

@colemanweb – once you buy the Genesis framework, there are free child themes available; you can also go ahead and create your own child themes.

If you wish to purchase additional child themes, you would just pay the cost of the child theme (not the genesis framework again). The regular cost of each theme is under $25. There are discounts available for existing users, and sometimes special discounts (for example, Black Friday sales). You can also go the “ProPlus” route, where you pay one lump sum and have access to all the StudioPress themes (NOT the community themes), and as each new one is made available, you will also receive that free of charge.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

colemanweb
    Participant

Thank you.  That’s what I suspected.   I couldn’t imagine that they wanted me to pay $79.95 over and over again.  :(

GJudy
    Participant

Thank you!  I have just gotten to the point where I want to try to ‘create’ my own child theme.  Your beautiful Nameless theme will be an inspiration.  I will credit your art in this theme whenever I use it.

goldenimage
    Participant

How does the home page responsive slider area work?

I added short code in a text widget and dragged it into that space and it doesn’t work.  I added

add_filter( ‘widget_text’, ‘shortcode_unautop’);

add_filter( ‘widget_text’, ‘do_shortcode’);

Still doesn’t work.  I’ve replaced the functions.php file 6x today because I keep breaking it trying to make this work.  Very frustrated.

An suggestions??

AC
    Blocked

You need to install the Genesis Responsive Slider and then drag the slider into that widget area.

goldenimage
    Participant

I have images that I need to use that aren’t included on a page or post.   :(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.