Nameless – free child theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Nameless – free child theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  JestersTear 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Anita
    Participant

You can try using WP-Cycle – you add images and can include a URL or not. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-cycle/. It would just rotate images you put in there. You can set the width and height just like a regular slider. Read their instructions on how to add it to your theme.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

JestersTear
    Participant

The only problem with the bit of code you’re trying to add is the quotes you’re using (that’s what’s breaking functions.php). If you add

add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode');

like that, with the straight quotes, it will allow you to use the shortcode you want.

Monica | jesterstear on twitter | monicaguerraleiria.com

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  JestersTear.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  JestersTear.

goldenimage
    Participant

@JestersTear – thank you for your response.  The code above added the slider controls, but the images aren’t there.  I added the code to the  very bottom of functions.php.  Is that the best place to put it?

Any other suggestions?

JestersTear
    Participant

I’ve placed it between } and /** Register Additional Sidebar Areas */ simply because the Sidebar Areas should be the last thing in functions.php, but it will work the way you’ve done it, it’s just best practice to leave the Sidebar Areas for last.

Which plugin are you trying to use for the slideshow?

goldenimage
    Participant

http://globalloyaltyrewards.com/nameless1.jpg

http://globalloyaltyrewards.com/nameless2.jpg

The first link shows functions.php

The second second shows the slideshow controls and if I mouse over the edges the < > controls appear, but no images.

I’ve deactivated all plugins except Cyclone Slider2.  I’m still doing something wrong…

JestersTear
    Participant

You’re adding it in the correct place, but I’ve just installed Cyclone Slider 2 and taken it for a test drive and it works for me. Will Cyclone Slider 2′s shortcode work correctly for you somewhere else (like a page, for example)? Because I think this might have more to do with Cyclone Slider 2′s options than with the theme itself. Can you show me the options you’re choosing in the plugin?

goldenimage
    Participant

Sometimes it just takes a little had holding to gently explain to someone that they’re an idiot!  The slideshow height was somehow set to 0.

LOL,  Thank you for your patience!

JestersTear
    Participant

LOL, I’m glad it was something simple, I do things like that all the time. ;)

*hint* I’d love to see the end result once you finish configuring it. *hint*

goldenimage
    Participant

Almost done.  Now I just need to figure out how to make the Home Left, Center and Right Area Widgets look like the demo.  ;)

JestersTear
    Participant

The pages are added by using the Genesis – Featured Page widget, simply checkmark Show Featured Image and give it whatever title the page has (or a different title, if you prefer), and you’re good to go.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.