Navigation drop downs is not working in Executive Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Navigation drop downs is not working in Executive Theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

RebbekahW
    Participant

I had a client get in touch with me that her drop down menus are no longer working on her website. Does anyone know why all of a sudden her drop down menus no longer work. Everything is set up correctly in the back end. I am the only one who has handled the website. I am thinking it happened after the newest WP update….I have heard that it could be the Superfish java script but not sure how to take that off? Disable it?

The website is http://www.pushpa.biz if you scroll over the navigation you can see that the drop downs are not working.

Thank you.

http://www.pushpa.biz

anitac
    Participant

You can unregister Superfish scripts using Brian’s code here – http://www.briangardner.com/code/unregister-superfish-scripts/.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

RebbekahW
    Participant

I did find that last night but was unsure of where to place and if it is in the child theme’s function.php file do I copy the FULL code or just below <php….reason I am asking I did this last week and I might have placed it in the wrong file and it took the whole website offline and took me nearly 24 hours for Blue Host to get the website back up.

anitac
    Participant

Oh you must have copied over the lead line with the PHP. Just copy and paste this at the bottom of your functions.php file:

// Unregister the superfish scripts
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'custom_unregister_superfish' );
    function custom_unregister_superfish() {
    wp_deregister_script( 'superfish' );
    wp_deregister_script( 'superfish-args' );
    }

Remember… if you see code like this… don’t put the first PHP line in there.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

RebbekahW
    Participant

Thank you! I will try that now, holding breath I don’t want to have to deal with the site going down again LOL….thanks!

RebbekahW
    Participant

Awesome it worked! Thanks again.

anitac
    Participant

You’re welcome, glad it worked. I’ll close this now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Navigation drop downs is not working in Executive Theme’ is closed to new replies.