Need Easy Imager Gallery

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Need Easy Imager Gallery

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  blazing 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mborger
    Participant

Hello. The native imagery gallery feature in WordPress is causing me quite the confusion. I want something simple: one page of photos in grid format, maybe 3 across, with the title of each under the photo and for each photo to open into a Lightbox when clicked. I don’t want a slideshow — just a static grid layout of thumbnails and titles with a lightbox effect. I’m running AgentPress and already have the jQuery lightbox plugin installed. The imagery gallery just give me fits. I’m hoping there’s an easy answer or plugin to make it a no-brainer. Thanks.

SoZo

You could have a look at NextGen Gallery but it has its own DB for images

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

mborger
    Participant

Thanks, but I had some problems with NextGen. Are there any other general image gallery plugins that are particularly popular with Genesis users?

jemsmith
    Participant

You could try enabling the Carousel section of the WordPress Jetpack. It worked for me.

You need to register with wordpress.com first, but there is the option to just register a Username, you don’t have to set up a blog.

blazing
    Participant

You can also get the image gallery WITHOUT registering for wordpress.com.

I use it this way.   The plugin you need is:

Gallery Carousel Without JetPack  by  Syed Balkhi.

I works well for me.   I don’t like the idea of having to register with wordpress, and, thankfully, neither did Syed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.