need guidance in creating directory

Community Forums Forums General Discussion need guidance in creating directory

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  carplu 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

carplu
    Participant

Hi all

i want to create a directory site, i am new to this so i hope i can get some good help here :-)

i have lot’s of questions and don’t know where to start.

businesses will each need to have their own page where i want to include an image, info, an offer, etc.

i want to use yoast local seo plugin to show the directions, opening hours etc.

i need to be able to put each business in the respective city and category (categories)

* so this is issue 1) … how do i set this up so each “page (business listing)” can be “attached” to a city and one or more categories so when a user performs a search it will display this in the results?

** Now issue 2) … how would i be able to list all found results in a list like here small image, short info etc.

*** issue 3) … i would like same kind of search so show results based on input on combination of “what & where” — and browse based on chosen city and/or category in dropdown… also like in the example above

this is it for now, i guess this will keep me busy for a while

i know there are plugins and themes that do something like this but i would like to have this in genesis with a chosen theme or build it in dynamik… with plugins there is always the update issue, compatibility issues etc.
    + i want to keep it as fast as possible :-)

i do not need functions like paid membership per listing or business owners to be able to change a listing on their own…

anitac
    Participant

The WP-Types plugin can do this. If you need assistance, there are several developers who are very familiar with it.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

surefirewebserv
    Participant

Hi Carplu,

I work very closely with WP-Types and have worked on some directory sites as well. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. jperez at surefirewebservices.com

SureFireWebServices.com | Genesis Tuts and More
    Genesis Theme Starter Kit | It’s Free

carplu
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks i had a look at TVC and it looks very helpful, especially since i can ask you for some help :-)

cheers Carlo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.