need guidance in creating directory

Community Forums Forums General Discussion need guidance in creating directory

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  carplu 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

carplu
    Participant

Hi all

i want to create a directory site, i am new to this so i hope i can get some good help here :-)

i have lot’s of questions and don’t know where to start.

businesses will each need to have their own page where i want to include an image, info, an offer, etc.

i want to use yoast local seo plugin to show the directions, opening hours etc.

i need to be able to put each business in the respective city and category (categories)

* so this is issue 1) … how do i set this up so each “page (business listing)” can be “attached” to a city and one or more categories so when a user performs a search it will display this in the results?

** Now issue 2) … how would i be able to list all found results in a list like here small image, short info etc.

*** issue 3) … i would like same kind of search so show results based on input on combination of “what & where” — and browse based on chosen city and/or category in dropdown… also like in the example above

this is it for now, i guess this will keep me busy for a while

i know there are plugins and themes that do something like this but i would like to have this in genesis with a chosen theme or build it in dynamik… with plugins there is always the update issue, compatibility issues etc.
    + i want to keep it as fast as possible :-)

i do not need functions like paid membership per listing or business owners to be able to change a listing on their own…

AC
    Blocked

The WP-Types plugin can do this. If you need assistance, there are several developers who are very familiar with it.

surefirewebserv
    Participant

Hi Carplu,

I work very closely with WP-Types and have worked on some directory sites as well. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. jperez at surefirewebservices.com

SureFireWebServices.com | Genesis Tuts and More
    Genesis Theme Starter Kit | It’s Free

carplu
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks i had a look at TVC and it looks very helpful, especially since i can ask you for some help :-)

cheers Carlo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.